Abby's Sound Dogly Advice. Woof!
Superdog Abby's Top 10 tips how to deal with difficult people that will keep your tail wagging even when they're snarling.
1. Ignore them. Don't growl back. It's no fun to fight alone. Difficult people and dogs want an audience. If you don't engage them at their level, there is nothing to fight over.
2. See them better than they see themselves. When people and dogs do mean things, it's because they don't love themselves at that moment. Imagine what they would be like at their shining best holding a crunchy biscuit and a fresh bone.
3. Is it Me? Don't be difficult personality yourself. How many fleas are you contributing? Even if they are 95% wrong, what can you do about your 5%?
4. Don't get into a pissing match with a skunk. Those watching might not be able to tell the difference and you'll both end up needing a bath.
5. You can't fix stupid. Don't even try.
6. Put yourself in "Time Out." If they won't play nice, walk out the door and go do something you like until everybody cools off.
7. Apologize. If you pee on someone's leg, say you're sorry sincerely and clean it up as fast as you can.
8. Change the subject. Are you just going around and around in circles biting each other's tails? Look over there, a butterfly!
9. Smile and say something nice. It's amazing how well widening your eyes and tilting your head, or even a lick on the hand, can change the situation and brighten your entire day.
10. If the room stinks, don't fart more. Do I even need to explain this?